Summer is just different. . . . . . it's hot, kids and grandkids are out of school, it's hot (I know I already said that), . . . . . . well you get the idea. So I came up with a list of ten ideas to revive your summer stitching. Here they are:
1. Stitch a surprise gift for a friend. It isn't her birthday and Christmas is still far away. These gifts are the best!
2. Try stitching a pattern by a designer you have never tried before.
3. Start 3-5 new projects and alternate them weekly.
4. Add beads to a design that doesn't call for them. Bling is good!
5. Step outside your box and stitch a design just because it looks fun. Not all stitching has to have a purpose.
6. Add a fun or interesting fiber to a design. Sheep can be made fuzzy, dragonflies can be made shiny. Use your imagination!
7. Stay cool the stitchy way by making your Christmas ornaments now.
8. Remember waste canvas? Why not use it to add some cute flowers or ladybugs to summer tank tops.
9. If you aren't vacationing, why not stitch a beach scene? I happen to know someone who has quite a few of these designs to choose from. www.countrycottageneedleworks.com. Nikki loves the beach!
10. And last but not least, stitch with friends in comfort at your local shop. You bring the lemonade and someone else can bring the iced tea!