Pages

March 2, 2014

For the fur babies. . . . . . .

Have you seen these new charts from Shakespeare's Peddler and Little House?

By Theresa - Cats in the Garden

By Diane - Neighborhood Friends

Kitties, puppies, dogs, cats. . . . . . woof, woof, meow, meow.  Our fur friends need your help so we came together to raise funds for a few rescues and shelters.  

This idea came from Valerie Morrell who approached me last year on the idea.  I have known Valerie for a long time and know she is very active in fostering and the rescue of dogs.  :)

In planning, I started thinking. . . . . who better to help with this project than Theresa Venette . . . . after all, she is one of the best spokespersons when it comes to helping domestic animals.  So I called her and this is the fruit of that phone call.  She jumped right in and came up with some great problem solving ideas, including her Etsy site to sell the patterns!  Perfect!

The way this works is you can buy one pattern for $10 or two for $15.  When you make your purchase you get to nominate a shelter of your choice in the United States that will enter into a drawing that takes place in two months. At that time three entries will be drawn to receive a portion of the money raised.  Three other organizations have already been chosen by Valerie, Theresa and myself.  
You can read about them here: CLICK

To Purchase
If you buy both you get two nominations for a shelter or rescue!

I know you all love to hear the back stories on my charts (when I have one).  This is the story of "Neighborhood Friends". . . . . . 

Remember my Molly Girl?  


She and I were the best of buddies.  When she went in to have the first of two surgeries to remove her tumor I was a wreck.  I clock watched and designed this pattern.  Well, kinda.  It was a little different than the one up above. . . it said Neighborhood Dog Show and had little blue ribbons here and there.  

Molly died a few months later and I just couldn't release this design.  It was special. . . just between the two of us. . . . . .until now.  I decided to release it and dedicate it to her as a lasting remembrance of difficult times but to re-purpose it for animals in need.

Molly came to us after our Lab/Shepherd mix, Katie passed away.    My dad bought her for us from a pet store, not knowing anything about puppy mills and poor breeding.  We nicknamed our girl,  Million Dollar Molly not because she was one in a million (though she was!), but she drained our pockets!  She suffered from so many genetic problems that when I would call the vet to take her in I would just say, "this is Diane" and they knew immediately who I was.  She was a regular.  The vet once told us she was lucky to have Ron and I as owners and so many other people would have discarded her. 

So I chose as my rescue, the Golden Retriever Rescue of Southern Arizona.  They take in the unloved, unwanted, sick and aged Goldens that no one else wants or can afford.  They are like my Molly Girl.

Help the helpless and buy a chart. . . give it away to someone, stitch it, donate the stitching to a shelter. . . . .help us help them.  Share our FB posts, link back to our blogs. . . spread the word!  There will be a full disclosure of money raised and where it is sent.

During the two months of fund raising we will keep you guessing as to what's next in our bag of tricks and surprises.  You can't win if you don't participate!

Using Etsy made it possible to donate 100% of the proceeds.  How is that for a fund raiser??

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And Theresa's heart.  And Valerie's.  And alllllll of the puppies and kitties that will benefit from your generosity.

Diane


20 comments:

  1. Great charts i'd like to buy in memory of my cats! They always have a special place in my heart!

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to buy one in memeory of my Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Diane for this wonderful chart and chance to help our furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since we got both of our dogs at the local shelter, I love this idea and purchased both yesterday. I just want thank you for designing such a wonderful chart for animal lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so grateful that you released the dog chart in memory of Molly.
    I'm a real doglover and I realy, realy love this chart. I love the idea behind these charts, I think its so amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got one! Thanks so much for doing this in memory of Molly, what a great tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm Cristina, I'm Italian. These patterns are very amazing!! Bye Bye Cry68

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered mine! What a great idea. Can you share the stitch count...would like to have my linen ready to go when the chart arrives. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Theresa's blog: (Diane's chart calls for DMC floss on your favorite neutral fabric that will ensure the white shows up. Theresa has suggested Sampler Threads, but has a conversion to DMC floss, and again, she encourages you to use your favorite neutral fabric. Both designs have the same stitch count of 139 by 75.)

      Hope that helps. And THANK YOU!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for this Diane. I so believe in rescue. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great charts and for a great cause! I just ordered mine! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane,
    I love your dog pattern - and I love Golden Retriever (my own Golden "Ginger" is my princess and I really cannot imagine to live one day without her), but unfortunately the Etsy Shops tells me, that this pattern will not be shipped to Austria? Is there another way to purchase it for us Austrian?
    Thanks for helping me.
    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda. . . . there is a place to ask questions on the Etsy site. Ask Theresa if she can send your charts to Austria (I feel sure she can).

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Diane - then I will do so!

      Delete
  12. love these,bought the doggie one,i am a dog lover,lost my 16 yr old cherbear last year,we sure do miss her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great charts and for a great cause! Very good idea! Theresa has suggested Sampler Threads, but has a conversion to DMC floss, and again, she encourages you to use your favorite neutral fabric.....

    pakistanhousing.pka

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane...is there a way to purchase both of these charts?? I know I am very late to the party but I would love to purchase them for my babies

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know that these charts are no longer available, but any chance you might re-release as another fund raiser at some point? I would love to have the chance to get the charts and support a good cause. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really wish she would re-release them as well. I can't even find a used chart for sale for any amount of money.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to drop me a line or two!

Diane