Pages

June 12, 2013

10 Summer Stitching Ideas!

Summer is just different. . . . . . it's hot, kids and grandkids are out of school, it's hot (I know I already said that), . . . . . . well you get the idea.  So I came up with a list of ten ideas to revive your summer stitching.  Here they are:

1.  Stitch a surprise gift for a friend.  It isn't her birthday and Christmas is still far away.  These gifts are the best!

2.  Try stitching a pattern by a designer you have never tried before.

3.  Start 3-5 new projects and alternate them weekly.

4.  Add beads to a design that doesn't call for them.  Bling is good!

5.  Step outside your box and stitch a design just because it looks fun.  Not all stitching has to have a purpose.

6.  Add a fun or interesting fiber to a design.  Sheep can be made fuzzy, dragonflies can be made shiny.  Use your imagination!

7.  Stay cool the stitchy way by making your Christmas ornaments now.

8.  Remember waste canvas?  Why not use it to add some cute flowers or ladybugs to summer tank tops.

9.  If you aren't vacationing, why not stitch a beach scene?  I happen to know someone who has quite a few of these designs to choose from.  www.countrycottageneedleworks.com.  Nikki loves the beach!

10.  And last but not least, stitch with friends in comfort at your local shop.  You bring the lemonade and someone else can bring the iced tea!



Stay Cool!
Diane

10 comments:

  1. Great ideas!
    This summer I am doing your Virtues series and 2 "Dear Diaries" and your Home Town Holidays lol. I have never done as series and I am not sure how I will finish Virtues. I have always wanted a Christmas village and to cross stitch one is an answer to a prayer. Thanks for keeping me busy!!
    Stay cool!!!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh boy! I love # 3! Now that's my kind of stitching! I may take you up on this one, since I have a bundle of projects in my stash that are just itching to be stitched!! I used to feel so guilty about my many starts (and less frequent finishes) but hey, this is meant to be FUN right? So, what's the harm, really?

    Might pull out some LHN ornaments to stitch too. Maybe they'll take my mind off this heat and humidity. :-)
    Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 2, 5 and 10 just today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, this is why you are such a great designer. Your imagination is wonderful. Thanks for the terrific ideas. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stitching ideas especially no. 1 and 3! I think I am going to try them all as the challenge I was looking for. Thank you, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting 3 to 5 new projects is right up my alley. And one of my favorite designers gave me permission! Hmph! I'm also doing 2 and 7 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas; in fact, I stitched four Christmas ornaments this month, and currently I am working on one of your designs - "Exodus" ("Thou shalt not bear false witness...") - it is my first LHN project, not counting the freebie you posted a while ago... Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I have to say I love your new blog look ... its summertime !!

    Number 2 I can't do, sorry ... because I stitch (almost) only your designs LOL

    Number 6 I do with the sheep of the Little Sheep Virtues ... I give their coats with chenille thread and that looks so amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done all of the suggestions that you posted...and number 5 made me laugh as I ONLY stitch what is fun for me! Nice new face to your blog, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received Part 1 this week. The colors are lovely and I look forward to seeing what it looks like stitched. Thank you for letting us know this is the top of the design.

    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to drop me a line or two!

Diane